Since I have NADIE here to talk about Idol with, I’m going to blog about it. Lucky you, huh?
(Warning, my English vocabulary is about to get a workout…)
First and foremost, while I miss Simon’s harsh veridicality, I do not miss his vexatious interchanges with Ryan Seacrest. I am usually in cahoots with Randy and JLo has pleasantly surprised me. Steven Tyler seems to be the weakest link in the panel. He never has anything constructive to say and his attempt at jocoseness falls short. All that being said, I love the diversity and talent present in this year’s competition. Here are my ratings of the top 13…
- Casey Abrams: LOVE him. His sense of humor, his voice, his performances, his instrumental ability…todo. The whole “I’m not sexy” thing is going to get old fast, though.
- James Durbin: I actually didn’t like him at all until this week. Although Ro’s version of Maybe I’m Amazed is still my favorite, he really showed soul and vocal talent. I hope he squelches that obnoxious Adam Lambert screaming for good.
- Pia Toscano: Her Pretenders performance was amazing. I didn’t like her as much this week. I get the feeling she thinks she’s better than she really is. She’s polished, no doubt, but there are other contestants with far superior natural talent.
- Jacob Lusk: R. Kelly? Really? I was not expecting that at all. I don’t know if I didn’t like his performance or if it was tainted from the beginning because I despise R. Kelly so much. It really wasn’t that good and I was kind of irritated that the judges refused to call him out on it.
- Lauren Alaina: Yes, she’s talented. I’m not a fan of her genre of music and I think she has a lot of growing up to do. Hopefully it happens soon.
- Stefano Langon: While I wish that little Robbie boy was still around, Stefano is soooo adorable and I liked his performance this week. I don’t think he has any great creative talent in him, but he has an extremely marketable look and voice.
- Scotty McCreery: Everyone knows I don’t do country music. I like him and I’m sure many people love his voice. He is unquestionably talented, but if he doesn’t change his style up, he might not last.
- Naima Adedapo: I like her uniqueness. Not the most talented in the bunch, but she has her moments. I hope she sticks around and gets a chance to grow.
- Paul McDonald: At first, I loved him. The more I see him, the less I like him. His performance this week was monotonous to the point of being irksome.
- Thia Megia: She’s sweet. Period.
- Haley Reinhart: For some reason, le odio. I don’t like her voice, the way she looks, or the way she acts. I ESPECIALLY hate it when contestants can’t take criticism.
- Karen Rodriguez: Meh.
- Ashthon Jones: DOES NOT BELONG. I don’t know what the judges see in her!
My prediction is that any of my bottom 5 will be going home tonight. Espero que si!!!