I’ve been back in the groove for 4 months now, and I have to say I am content. I have a job that I absolutely LOVE, I have my puppy back, some much-needed updates are happening to my house, and I have been able to spend lots of time with friends and family. I ended my time in Europe with a Best Of list, so without further ado…
1) Fall. Hands down my favorite season. I love the smell, the burnt orange and smoldering reds and yellows. Jeans and a sweater. Rejuvenating walks. I don’t even care what its successor is. I am not looking forward to the abundance of fallen leaves, but at least they only fall once.
2) Staying in on Friday nights. Yes, I am old.
3) Pho, the magical Vietnamese soup.
4) Watching my football team [lose]. The weekly good company makes up for it. Plus, it’s better than watching it on the internet at 2 AM through the slowest connection ever!
5) Being a homeowner. Is it a lot of work? Yes. Do I enjoy it? Most of the time…
6) Friends and family.
7) The landscape. Yes, I lived on the Medeterranian, but it was not as beautiful as the whole of Minnesota. It’s almost as if my senses have been re-awoken.
8) The diversity. Of people, languages, cultures, food, bars, etc.
9) My bed. Not just because it’s mine, but because our Spanish bed was more uncomfortable than sleeping on the floor.
10) Shopping. I am definitely a product of both of my grandmothers!!! 😉
I miss traveling, but we are going to NYC for New Year’s…Al has never been! I have not been taking photos or writing as much as I would like, but here are a few photos I’ve taken in my time back.