While I have been keeping busy on the weekends with weddings, parties, and road trips I have found I have an excessive amount of free time during the week. I can only clean and do house projects so much! So I have been spending lots of time running and cooking. (Right now it’s WAY too cold to run, so I’m blogging instead 🙂 Together, the two activities have been helping me shape a healthier lifestyle that is also cost-efficient.
While none of my cooking experiences have been complete failures, some have proved tastier than others. Here are some of my successes…
- Hummus, arugula, goat cheese and sun-dried tomato quesadillas (cream cheese optional). Love the strong flavors!
- Pan-fried cantaloupe and honey served over cottage cheese (safe for my oral allergy syndrome)
- Spinach-chicken burgers with a lemon, sun-dried tomato aioli (and I don’t even like mayo)
- Arugula, cherry tomatoes, and goat cheese pasta (add a little garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil for a quick, healthy dinner)
- Chickpea, sweet potato, and rice stew (great aroma, awesome combination of herbs and spices like coriander and cilantro)
- Beef stir-fry with fresh ginger and toasted sesame seeds (yes, I actually made beef)
- Homemade granola bars and oatmeal (the possibilities are endless!)